Collection, processing and use of personal data
1. Wearable Life Science GmbH is the responsible party in terms of data protection acts.
Personal data (e.g., your name, street address, postal address and email) are collected, processed and stored for the following purposes:
- Order details: For the acceptance, processing and fulfilment of your order. To the extent necessary, your details are forwarded to subcontractors, e.g. the deliverer of the merchandise. Payment details are collected in an encrypted mode and used exclusively for processing the corresponding transaction. Except for payment via purchase against invoice, Wearable Life Science GmbH does not receive any knowledge of or opportunity to access the banking and credit card details. Processing is handled exclusively via the relevant service provider, e.g. PayPal. All payment information relevant to data privacy protection (such as credit card number, expiration date and security number) is encrypted and transmitted directly to the respective payment service provider, and will not be saved by us. As a registered customer, you will be able to select the option „Save payment data“ during the order process. Thus, sensitive credit card data will be stored securely and easily via a so-called “alias” (token) in your customer account for later purchases. In “My customer account” under “My payment data” you can update as well as delete stored information. If you do not wish to store your credit card information in your account, you will be able to enter this information again with every order.
- Registration details: Within the order process, you have the option of creating a customer account with us. Your address details, including email address and orders, are stored here. For your next order, all you need to do is provide your customer name and a password. The password is to be kept secret.
- Required details: For ordering and registration, mandatory details are marked with an asterisk. If you provide additional details, these are additionally used for statistical purposes and for improving the Wearable Life Science GmbH online shop. If you have subscribed to the newsletter, the additional details can also be used to send you information on product offers that match your details.
- Newsletter registration: Via your customer account or within the order process, you can subscribe to our newsletter. In this case, your email address, as well as your form of address and name (to the extent provided), are used when sending the newsletter.
- Deletion of data: The data of the customer account remains stored until you cancel the account. The order data remain stored without a customer account until fulfilment. Then the data is deleted, unless there are statutory retention obligations. You have the opportunity to correct, disable or delete your personal data if the respective legal requirements are fulfilled. All data that is still required for the completion of outstanding tasks or for the enforcement of our rights and claims is exempt from deletion, as well as data that we are legally required to retain. In this case, data will be blocked from any other use.
- Information: Upon request, Wearable Life Science GmbH will gladly provide free of charge information about data stored under your customer account.
- Third parties: Customer data is only made available to third parties to the extent that Wearable Life Science GmbH has been authorised or required to do so according to data protection law, e.g. in case of a query by an investigative authority, in the course of order data processing or with prior consent of the customer.
- Cookies: Accepting cookies is not a prerequisite for visiting our website. We would like to point out to you, however, that the use of the shopping cart function and ordering in the online shop are only possible if the security settings of your browser enable so-called cookies to be stored on your computer. Cookies are small files that are stored on your hard drive and save certain settings and data exchanged with our system via your browser.
We basically use two types of cookies: First, there are so-called session cookies, second, there are other temporary/permanent cookies in the password-protected area that are stored for a longer period (up to 30 days) on your hard drive. Session cookies are needed, for example, to offer you the option of saving your shopping cart throughout several pages. Permanent cookies serve the purpose of making our offer more user-friendly and more effective. For example, this includes the remarketing and retargeting cookies that are launched by Google or our service provider Criteo: When clicking on certain products or product areas, a cookie is stored on your user device that may accordingly influence the display of advertising on other websites that you visit.
In the cookies used by Wearable Life Science GmbH, no personal data is stored, and analyses are performed only in an anonymised form. You can set your browser to only accept cookies if you confirm them. If you do not accept any cookies, however, this may lead to restrictions in the usability of our online shop. You can delete cookies already stored on your hard drive at any time. For further details, please refer to the instruction manual of your browser programme.
You can cancel the use of the remarketing function by Google by calling up the following link of the third-party provider for deactivating the cookies: Google
2. Google Analytics
If you have given your consent, Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”) is used on this website. The use includes the “Universal Analytics” operating mode. This makes it possible to assign data, sessions and interactions across multiple devices to a pseudonymous user ID and thus analyze a user’s activities across devices. This data protection notice is provided by www.intersoft-consulting.de.
- Purposes of the Processing
On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide the website operator with other services related to website and Internet use.
- Legal Basis
The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is your consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
- Recipients or Categories of Recipients
The recipient of the collected data is Google.
- Transfer to Third Countries
Personal data will be transferred to the USA under the EU-US Privacy Shield on the basis of the European Commission’s adequacy decision. You can download the certificate here.
- Duration of Data Storage
The data sent by us and linked to cookies, user-identifiers (e.g. User-IDs) or advertising-identifiers are automatically deleted after 14 months. Data whose retention period has been reached is automatically deleted once a month.
- Rights of the Persons affected
You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future by blocking the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functionalities of this website to their full extent.
You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and from processing this data by Google by downloading and installing the Browser Add-on. Opt-out cookies will prevent future collection of your data when you visit this website. To prevent Universal Analytics from collecting data across different devices, you must opt-out on all systems used. If you click here, the opt-out cookie will be set: Disable Google Analytics
3. Use of social plugins
Our online shop uses social plugins of the following social networks:
- facebook.de: operated by Facebook Ireland Limited Hanover Reach, 5-7 Hanover Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland.
- Twitter: operated by Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA.
- Google+: operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
- YouTube: operated by YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave. San Bruno, CA 94066, USA
- LinkedIn: operated by LinkedIn Ireland, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland
- Instagram: operated by Instagram LLC, 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
(Collectively referred to below as “operators”). The plugins are designated by the logo of the relevant operator.
If you call up one of our websites containing such a plugin, your browser establishes a connection to the servers of the operator. The content of the plugin is transmitted by the operator directly to your browser and integrated into the page. Through integration of the plugin, the operator receives the information that you have called up the relevant page of our website. If you have an account with the relevant operator and are logged in to this account, the operator can attribute your visit to your account. When using the plugin functions (e.g. pressing the “Like” button or making a comment) the relevant information is attributed to your operator account. In order to prevent the operator from collecting data on you via our website, log out of the operator’s service prior to visiting our website and delete any cookies that may be stored.
To learn more about the scope, nature and purpose of the data collection and further processing of the data by the operators, along with your related rights and options for protecting your privacy, please refer to the data protection information of the particular operators on their websites. As the operators have their headquarters or parent company in the United States, this may lead to data being transmitted to the United States.
5. Conversion monitoring with the conversion tracking pixel from Facebook
Within our website, we rely on the “conversion tracking pixel” from Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). It helps us track the actions of users after they have seen or clicked on a Facebook advertisement. Thus we can record the effectiveness of Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected in this manner is anonymous to us, i.e. we cannot see the personal data of individual users. This data, however, is collected and processed by Facebook, about which we would like to inform you to the best of our knowledge. Facebook can link this data to your Facebook account and also use it for its own advertising purposes, according to Facebook’s data use directive https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/ . Thus Facebook and its partners can enable the placement of advertisements on and outside of Facebook. Furthermore, a cookie may be stored on your computer for this purpose. You can administer many online corporate advertisements via the American site http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or the EU site http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices/ and thus revoke the tracking.
6. Your contact for privacy issues
To the extent that you wish to revoke the collection, processing or use of your data by Wearable Life Science GmbH as provided by these data protection provisions in total or for particular measures, you can send your revocation via email, fax or letter to the following contact details:
Wearable Life Science GmbH
Tel.: +49 69 79588-895